If you’ve been thinking about how to start your own online ESL tutoring business, then this is a must read.
There are many reasons why a teacher may start their own ESL tutoring business.
Due to an insatiable demand from China most online roles available currently are to teach children under the age of 12. Unfortunately, there is a lot of teachers who don’t feel like teaching children is something they can do easy for whatever reason. However there are many other students that need to learn English and this is where starting your own English tutoring business comes in.
Perhaps it is because you want to have more control over your earning capacity or when you work?
You probably haven’t considered starting your own tutoring business because you think it is difficult, you don’t know what to teach your students or you wonder how you will get students. They are relevant concerns of course, but we are here to give you three easy options to getting out on your own and you can start earning much more than working for someone else.
Remember! Just because you are getting your own business off the ground, doesn’t mean you can’t still be earning money teaching online with other businesses.
Benefits of Your Own Online ESL Tutoring Business
- You can choose your niche
- You can choose your clients
- You can choose what to charge (often up to $50/hour)
- You can choose your hours
- You can choose the platform you teach on
- You can choose your curriculum
Notice that all the benefits involve you making your own choices?
Some ESL niches you might choose to teach include:
- Conversational English
- Business English
- Academic English
- Pronunciation and accent
- Medical English
- IELTS training
- English for travel
- Exam training
Here are two ways to start your own online ESL tutoring business and they both have their pros and cons.
Do It Yourself
This is the most cost effective way to start your own online ESL tutoring business, but it can also be the most time consuming and sometimes difficult. But here are some simple ways to get started yourself.
Set up your own website, Facebook page or Linkedin profile. Setting up your own website costs a little bit of money, but can be done by yourself for under $100. As an English tutor you don’t need a complex website, even just a one pager where people can find out about you and you can explain why they should pay you to teach them English.
You can take payments using one of the many online payment systems such as PayPal, which unfortunately has fees attached but it means that your student can pay in whatever currency you want, and you can withdraw it to your bank account in your currency.
Getting clients is possibly the hardest thing, but there are several options available to you. You can advertise in Facebook groups for free, do paid advertising on various social media websites or search engines, or you can go straight to the source and contact businesses or schools and tell them about your services.
Knowing what to teach may seem difficult, but once you decide on your niche/s it will get much easier. You may have to invest some money into a paid curriculum, or some time into writing your own lesson plans.
Delivering the lessons is the easiest part! With the advent of numerous online communication platforms you can teach anywhere and everywhere. You could use Skype, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Snapchat, WhatsApp or many more different platforms.
- Cheap to get started
- Can get started immediately while working for other companies
- Can tailor to your needs
- Might be difficult to get clients immediately with no help
- A lot of trial and error in getting things right
- Trying to build a website if you have no experience
Get Help From Experts
From ESL Tutor to Business Owner in 28 Days is a step-by-step course that shows you how you can become a successful online English teacher, and start your own online ESL tutoring business.
The course is membership-based, and upon registering, you will get your own login details access (this includes all future updates and additions to the course).
You can even sign up for free and get immediate access to try before you buy.
Who this course is for:
- ESL tutors who are new to the ESL industry with little to no experience tutoring
- ESL tutors who have a lot of experience whether face to face or with online platforms
- ESL tutors who have no experience building their own websites or are not tech savvy
- ESL tutors who have no marketing or social media experience
- ESL tutors who do have experience with building their own website, marketing or social media but don’t know where to start with starting their own business
- ESL tutors who want to choose how much they get paid per lesson
- ESL tutors who want all their tutoring earnings in their pocket not some large coporations pocket
- ESL tutors who want to learn how scale their tutoring business so they can earn more money in less time
- ESL tutors who want to learn how to expand their business to create other income streams
- ESL tutors who have been rejected from ESL tutoring platforms because of their race, nationality, sex, or age
- ESL tutors who to choose when they deliver tutoring sessions
- ESL tutors who want to choose their own niche and clients
Who this course is not for:
- People who want a get rich quick scheme
- People who want to keep working for a boss
- People who don’t want to control their own destiny and are happy for their boss to control their lives
- People who don’t want to be successful
- People who don’t want to put dreams into action
What you’ll discover with this course:
- Step by step instructions on creating your online ESL tutoring course that are easy to follow and implement for even the most inexperienced person
- Where to find high paying clients and how to keep them
- What tutoring and payment platforms are best for you and how to create accounts with them
- Step by step instructions on how to design and build your own website, even if you don’t know what the words domain and host mean
- The knowledge of how to build your brand
- How to use social media platforms to increase sales
- How to choose your niche and become an authority
- How you can scale your online business so you spend less time tutoring while earning even more income
- Other ways you can earn money with passive income
What you’ll get with this course
- 28 step by step lessons on how to build your online ESL tutoring business
- 40+ worksheets, checklists, hints and tips guides
- 50 + video lessons
- Advanced resources for when you’ve got the basics in place
- Lifetime access to the course with relevant updates
- Access to a incredible refer a friend program where you could earn as much as 30% on their purchases
- Get advice from someone who has done it all before
- Find out how to get students, how much to charge and what to teach
- Instructions on how to build a website
- A mentor to help you when you have any questions
- A bit more expensive to get started (but you’ll start earning more money sooner)
So if you’re ready to start your own online ESL tutoring business, there is plenty of resources out there to help you get started. Some are free but may take more time to learn the ropes, and some cost money but give you direction and the benefit of experience.
Pin it for later…