Are you looking for a second job or part-time weekend work?
Have you ever desired just working from the comfort of your own home?
Then, this might be just the thing you’re looking for!
We need English teachers (and lots of them) to teach English to 8-16 year old Chinese students from smaller to medium-sized cities (Tier 3, 4 and 5).
Waijiaoyi is a Chinese startup company that aims to break the imbalance of educational resource distribution in China. We strive to penetrate cities where the level of education is limited and to give students access to learning English without having to go to the larger cities.
We utilise an Online Dual Teaching Method, using both Foreign and Chinese teachers to facilitate a better learning environment.
Traits We’re Looking For
- Bubbly personality
- Love working with kids and teenagers
- Passionate and Energetic in teaching young learners
- Able to commit to a regular weekly working schedule
- Deliver online lessons to students of particular grade level
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work and participation
- Provide effective feedback to guide student earning and success
- Remain aware of class procedures and use of instructional materials Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled
What To Expect
- Online Group Class (8 – 20 students)
- Student age range: 8 – 16 years old
- Teaching materials: provided by Waijiaoyi
- Teaching platform: provided by Waijiaoyi
- Class length: 25 mins or 50 mins
- Working Schedule: (Beijing Time) 8:00am – 6:00pm (Saturday and Sunday)
- There will be a Chinese Assistant Teacher always on-hand
Native English Speakers Requirements
- A Bachelor degree or higher, or
- Teaching Experience will be highly regarded
- Able to speak clearly with native or neutral accent
Obviously, if you have both then this would be ideal!
Non-Native English Speakers Requirements
- A Bachelor degree or higher is a must
- TESOL/TEFL/CELTA (or willingness to obtain one) would be a plus
- Experience preferred and would be highly regarded
- Clear accent
- Excellent fluency of the English language
- Must have a desktop or laptop computer with CPU i5, or better
- Internet speed of at least 2mbps for upload and download. Test your speed here
- External microphone (preferably a USB type) with a noise-cancellation feature
- High definition camera
KPI – Overall Performance
Once a teacher achieves a KPI of 85% or more, they earn a KPI bonus of 5% of their monthly salary.
Payout: Monthly; every 10th and 11th